Skip to main content

Patients in The Health Care System Answer 3



A Southfield, MI Terminally Ill Patient Answers 3
What happened to you? I have ovarian cancer and a failed kidney simultaneously.
What would you like to see happen? I would like to see medical insurance cover hospice care services for those dying of cancer and are already on dialysis.
How do you think others can help? Educating legislators on the need to expand coverage guidelines for dual inflicted terminally ill patients. (2-1-24)

A Metro-Detroit Hospitalized Patient Answers 3

What happened to you? I was in the hospital after a fall and the patient care I received was well below any written standard or policy.
What would you like to see happen? I would like to see a databasing project focused on the patient’s post-care rating of their routine care providers.
How do you think others can help? I think it would be better if patients had the option to secretly rate weak performing staff. (12-4-23)
An Elder Rehab Patient In Detroit Answers 3
What happened to you? As a senior citizen 90+ in age, blind in one eye and partially blind in the other eye. I also have a pacemaker and am unable to stand without a walker. I was sent to a facility to receive post hospital recovery. The facility placed me in a bed in a decent private room without a walker, a working phone or an alert for attendants to come.
What would you like to see happen? Better inspection and evaluation of rooms for patients before they’re placed.
How do you think others can help? Create more options for patients and their families to report and pool their stories of what happened to them. (9-3-22)






Comments