Skip to main content

Skilled Trades Worker Answers 3


What happened to you? I continue to see racism, favoritism, and cronyism within my union. The practices continue to directly undermine employment of Black skilled trade workers and potential workers, including cities with majority Black populations.
What would you like to see happen? I’d like to see more input gathering at better points in the development of skilled trades workers. I’d also like to see a more transparent and long-term strategy for preparation, training, employment, and ownership.
How do you think others can help? I believe if a wider audience of stakeholders were positioned to know the actual firsthand experiences it would make a difference. I believe that if those affected and those that should have opportunity get better information to organize around change is more likely to occur.




Comments