Skip to main content

Victim Of Unclear Court Order Answers 3


What happened to you? I started having allergic reactions and discovered mold in my apartment. I reported the problem and told management I was moving, they told me I had to complete my lease, which meant I would have to live with the repeated issues with the mold. I said no, and they took me to court for non-payment, the court agreed with me and said I had up to 30 days to leave. I left in 28 days, and left the apartment in compliant condition, and expected to get my security deposit, instead I was sent a claim for the rent I didn’t pay during my being poisoned. And then they claimed I owed them my security deposit.
What would you like to see happen? I want to see the judge that heard the case to address this type of situational interpretations.
How do you think others can help? Be aware that Judges make unclear court orders. And that greedy property owners and mediocre managers are out here working.

Add Your Experience To What We Know

Comments